A Healthy Community Starts with You
Eat More Fruits and Vegetables
- Use a leaf of lettuce to replace a tortilla
- Add tomato and lettuce to your next sandwich
- Add zucchini, onions, and peppers to your next grill-out
- Apples, oranges, and bananas make great snacks
- Try a bowl of fresh berries for dessert
Take a Walk In The Park
- A walk or a bike ride offers feelings of joy and accomplishment
- An activity you enjoy does more for your health than an activity you dread
- Start short and easy, add more time and effort in small steps
Join with Friends and Neighbors
- Ask friends or neighbors to help you set achievable goals
- And you can do the same for them!
- Take steps toward healthier habits and build relationships at the same time
- Check in and share stories about what works and what doesn’t
Need a Doctor or Dentist?
What to Look For
If you have insurance, ask if the doctor will take your insurance. If you don’t have insurance, ask if the doctor offers cash discounts, payment plans, or fee adjustments.
A Relationship of Trust
Trust is an essential part of healthcare. Look for a doctor you can trust and who is willing to offer trust to you.
A Long Lasting Relationship
The longer you work with a doctor, the better you know each other. Look for a doctor who will stay with you.
Where to Look
Dial ‘211’ on your home phone or cell phone. The person who answers will help you find a doctor or other types of healthcare providers. The person who answers can speak various languages.
The 211 Website
Search for a doctor or other healthcare providers on the 211 website (English Only)211 Website
Social Service Coordinator
Maple City Health Care Center’s social service coordinators may be able to help you find the care you need. Call 574-534-3300Call MCHCC's Social Services
Becoming a Patient at MCHCC
We are currently not able to take new patients.
We hope we will be able to take new patients in the future
- Feel free to check this webpage as often as you want.
- When we are able to take new patients, we will change this webpage to let you know how to apply.
- For some ideas about how to access medical care from other places, see the Improve Your Health page. Look for the section titled Need a Doctor or Dentist? - What to Look For.